September 21, 2012

I'm A Housewife

Is there something so bad about being a housewife?

As I'm sitting in a chair getting my haircut one day, the girl asks, "So what do you do?" 

(Ugh. Seriously hate this stupid question.)

"I'm a housewife." I respond without hesitation. 

"Ha! A housewife!? What exactly does a housewife do!?" She asks annoyingly. 

"Oh ya know...I clean and cook and go grocery shopping."

(My answer isn't good enough. Obviously.) 

"I would never want to do that. Don't you want to go to school?" She asks.

"No, not really," I say. 

(Does she think I'm like 18 or something?) 

She asks again, "Don't you want to go to school?" 

I reply, "Oh I've already been to school. I went to cooking school a long...time...ago." 

(Trying to prove a point that I'm not even close to being 18.) 

"I do parties and cook for people, ya know, when people ask me," I add. 

(Silence. No response from the other side. My answer isn't good enough. Again.) 

"Well ya know I do teach piano too. Oh--and nanny every so often. Oh--and I watch "Let's Make A Deal" every day and ya know stay up late every night watching episodes of "My Fair Wedding" on Netflix...and then of course I sleep in and get up just in time to watch "Let's Make a Deal" again.

(Okay so I really didn't say any of that last part.)

I also told her I've been married for 4 years and don't have any kids. She responded with, "Do you wanna have kids??"

On a more positive note, she did give me a good haircut...

3 comments:

  1. I am a "housewife/stay at home mom", and I got asked today if I really like being that for my "job". Ummmm.. If I didn't than I wouldn't be here standing in line talking to you, I would be at my "real" job like you are. Glad that you got a good haircut though!! That's always nice! I hope you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading that conversation, but wish that someday you will be comfortable telling people that you do have a child. I hope that it gets easier and isn't so hard forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a new hairstylist. There is a lady in our Ward who is amazing at haircuts. If you want her name and number I'll msg you it. So sorry. You should of said the last part ... about sleeping in and watching TV! Hope you are doing good.

    ReplyDelete

I have never deleted anyone's comment. (Not even the mean ones from my sisters.)