March 7, 2012

Headstone #1


We'll call this "Headstone #1" because this is actually a MESS-UP. Yup. They made it wrong. The wording is correct, but the color of granite and polishing is all wrong. I asked for the darker granite, and also that the entire marker be un-polished or "rough". I know. I'm weird. I didn't want pictures or borders, or shiny granite. (I also was the one to wear a short wedding dress and get sealed at 7:30 at night...really weird, right?) Plus, it's very different in the way that we wrote out the dates. I guess you could say that I don't like commas or something. I really do like how the wording came out (even though I'm not a fan of the bottom font, but it was the only way to fit it on 3 lines--so I went with it.) And I'm very happy that I listened to my mother, the genealogist, and added the last line that reads, "First born of Kaci Goodrich & Salesi Uipi". (It needs to be hosed down and cleaned off, but I will make sure I do that with the new one coming next week.)

(Oh...and why the heck did we wait over a year to get a headstone for  Joshua?  I don't know--we just got around to it finally I guess you could say. Lame excuse, but true. Besides, Salesi wanted to wait a while for the ground to settle... It's a Tongan tradition or something??)

4 comments:

  1. I love it, can't wait to see the replacement. I wanted mine really simple. I hated all the borders and "baby" pictures. So we have a CLEAN headstone, as I call it, but it does have a picture of my baby because he is just too darn cute :) but I was so afraid that he would look like a old man in the picture - because its a sketch. Everyone told me he wouldn't...and he does, a little. But I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I didn't think I would really care that much about the headstone. I mean, obviously I wanted one, but didn't expect to be so particular about it. I'm sure the people were so irritated with me after changing it 3 or 4 times, but in the end it was worth it. I love the stone we picked out. It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO agree about being glad I followed my moms advice about adding our names. At first we didn't have them and she suggested it. I am so glad we did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was googling "baby headstones" and your blog came up...those two words should never be googled together or in the same sentence or thought together. I am hoping to get one for my daughter, Lily Katherine, who passed away in March 2010. I want it to be perfect when I am able to afford it. I've been trying to find ideas on other BLM's blogs. :)

    I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well.

    Much love and hugs,
    Hannah Rose
    www.roseandherlily.com

    ReplyDelete

I have never deleted anyone's comment. (Not even the mean ones from my sisters.)