October 28, 2011

What Do You Think Joshua Is Doing

By Kaci Goodrich Uipi

Sometimes while I'm lying in bed at night, waiting to fall asleep, I'll ask Salesi, "What do you think Joshua is doing right now?" He then responds with the same answer every time, "He's sleeping of course." Then I always go off about how he can't be sleeping because he doesn't get tired because he doesn't have a body and who knows if there's even a such thing as light and dark where he is!

That's the difference between my husband and me: I like to think about the world in which we can't see, and he likes to think that we don't need to think about it at all.

For example, did Joshua automatically become a missionary as soon as he died? He didn't live long enough to learn about the gospel here on Earth, so will he first have to go to a training center? Or since he died before the age of accountability, will he automattically remember the things he learned before this Earthly Life and immediately agree with all of Christ's teachings?

You see, I ponder this type of stuff for a couple of different reasons: (1) because Joshua is my son, and I like to know what he's doing; and (2) because I always wonder what happens to the families that die (especially those  who leave this Earth together) who have never heard of or accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ while here on Earth. Will their kids immediately be accepting of it and then preach it to their parents, even though none of them knew about it or studied it while living? It's just an interesting concept that children who came from a non-gospel home would all of a sudden be telling their parents all about it and the need to be baptized as soon as they enter the Spirit World, don't you think?

To me, I love studying the subject of life after death. It's just so fascinating. For those of you who are not familiar with the concept, here is a discussion from Brent Top who is an author on the subject. I have a couple of his CD's and he is definitely an expert regarding this sometimes confusing topic. 

4 comments:

  1. I do this all the time too! I have never cared so much about life after death. Always though families forever was great, but when it really came down to my child dying and needing to believe that for MYSELF it was a different story. I love reading about it and learning more, if only we knew all the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent more time researching life after death in the last 2 months than I did the rest of my life combined. I had a general idea before, but now I need details! I prayed to Heavenly Father that the least He could do was let me know what Teagan was doing (probably not a great attitude, but its how I feel). Thanks for sharing the link, I love listening to all that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was showed your blog a few weeks ago, and first of all I am sorry to hear about the loss you and your husband have gone thru. It is terrible and no parent should have to go thru this, you probably hear that all the time. I suffered a miscarriage, never got to meet my child and even though I was early in the pregnancy I already had a name. I was so excited, then I lost him. I say him because I honestly feel that it was my little boy that I have been waiting for. The things you write are all so true, even though this June he would of been 5 I still struggle. Everything that you have posted has hit the nail right on the head, after the loss of my child pregnant people were everywhere. When people found out about the loss so many people would respond, Oh I had one to. All I wanted to say to you is good job and keep going. There is nothing wrong with you expressing how you truly feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder the same thing and my husband is like yours and says a generic answer that never makes me happy :) Of course we wonder about that stuff because its so close to our hearts...our babies are there.

    For me...I believe that they don't have to accept anything because they already KNOW.

    ReplyDelete

I have never deleted anyone's comment. (Not even the mean ones from my sisters.)