October 23, 2011

Good Bye Facebook

By Kaci Goodrich Uipi

Good bye Facebook. So long. It was nice knowing you but it's time to go our separate ways. We had our ups and downs, and I tried to work things out--I really did--but I just don't need you around anymore.

I thought you were important--always keeping me up to date on all the little details--but now all those details either make me want to puke inside or throw something at you. So instead of getting violent, I've decided to take the higher road and end our 5 year relationship.  

I know, I know. I know this is going to be hard for you--hard because I won't be there to oooh and awe over all those pictures you put in front of my face right when I sign on...and even more hard when I'm not there every 5 minutes to like your status update.

You probably think I'm crazy because of everything I'm going to miss...I won't know about your 3rd ultrasound; I won't be there when your baby sneezes for the first time; I won't know when you are 10 minutes pregnant; I won't know when you fall and crack your toenail; And I won't know when your toddler has gone potty in the toilet for the 5th time in 1 day.

I didn't think I could live without you either--but not having you around is one of the best decisions I've ever made. So adios Facebook. Espero estar lejos de ti para siempre!


6 comments:

  1. After reading this post, I'm thinking maybe I should dump FB too. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I've been telling you to! Glad you did. I am not gonna lie there have been a few times I have debated going back on, but I really like not having it. I love that I am not wasting time reading about what people ate for lunch and where they are at. PS I need your email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do this too.
    Wish I could have power over the FB addiction. Because yes, I like being updated and I like the games on it.
    But I hate the bitterness I get every time I see the exact things you're listing. 10 minutes pregnant... ha ha ha! Classic.

    Love ya, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! Braver than me :) I would love to walk away but can't (eye roll here).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it! I deactivated my account too. Not for the exact same reasons as you, but I was just getting so tired of it and all the nonsense. Needed a break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 minutes pregnant... you crack me up! :) Good move, Kaci! I find that FB is a huge time waster and my biggest issue with it is that it always makes me feel jealous. People mostly just get on there to brag (or share good news), and they are joys that I will probably never have and that does truly hurt. Yesterday, two different friends gave birth to healthy babies. Life certainly goes on, with or without me. I did want to mention, I finally got my prego sister to get tested for CGD, and she came back negative (of course) and gave birth to another healthy baby boy last month. Yep, it hurts. I'm with you on this. No more FB. Booooo

    ReplyDelete

I have never deleted anyone's comment. (Not even the mean ones from my sisters.)