July 12, 2011

Lessons Learned

By Kaci Goodrich Uipi

Treat others with kindness. Don't judge. Don't take life for granted. Remember that everyone you meet is facing a hard battle. Love everyone. Remember that life is short. Put your faith in God. Don't ever give up. Put others first. Be patient. Don't lose sight of what is most important.

These are just a few of life's simple lessons that are learned when a loved one dies. But there's got to be something more. Something I'm missing. Or is this it?

You know when you have those a-ha moments? When those moments come to me, I'm usually meditating, such as writing in my journal, praying, or sitting quietly. I think, "wow, this is some good stuff that I don't want to forget!" But as I start jotting it down, I quickly realize how simple and everyday that wisdom really is.

I've come to the conclusion that it's really the Holy Ghost who is teaching. And in that particular moment, is able to strongly penetrate my soul in a way that allows my mind and heart to know and remember what my spirit has known all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have never deleted anyone's comment. (Not even the mean ones from my sisters.)