July 8, 2011

Death

By Kaci Goodrich Uipi

Death is an interesting thing. For the most part--it scares me. I will always wonder in which way I will die--will it be painful, or will it be peaceful? I will hope, and pray, that it will be as calm as possible. However, I can't take away the agency of another person, nor can I control Mother Nature--and all that she has to offer.

The process of the spirit leaving the physical body is another mystery to me. When exactly it happens, and how, I will probably never know in this life, well--until it happens to me that is.

Watching someone else die is something that most people don't get to experience, and I know I should be grateful for that blessing. Joshua died in a peaceful manner--as peaceful as it could have been, I suppose.

I sometimes imagine that his spirit might have left his little body much sooner than I think it did, or at least before the doctor actually pronounced him "dead". The night before he died, there was a sign that kept appearing to me. I believe that it was telling me of the things to come--or who knows--maybe of the things that had already come to pass.

This can all be summed up in one word: Faith. Faith in God and in his plan. Faith to believe that life does not end in the grave. Faith to endure--and faith to believe that we will see all those who have passed on again some day.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know Kristen, but I read her blog way back when she wrote...and I remember her post about you and your family. I suffered a loss, although not the same as yours, but I have often wondered how you were doing. I was SO happy to see your comment on another blog today and found your blog! I have appreciated what you have written and want you to know how great you are.

    ReplyDelete

I have never deleted anyone's comment. (Not even the mean ones from my sisters.)